Thursday 24 March 2016

Deliveries!




I love it when stuff arrives! The M20 x 1.5 bolts have arrived which I got from ebay for £4 which should now enable me to remove the flywheel. Awesome.













But also (below) A replacement mid crankcase section! Phew! It looks to be in pretty good condition other than a whole load of grease and grime all over it so it needs a good clean - I may even repaint it (on the outside) with some nice looking engine enamel. It's crazy when you think brand new from Honda this part is £1800, but from eBay used it was £20! Bargain! Also the dowel inserts for the oil cooler have also been left in - as I destroyed my ones.


Aaaah and look! Nice and NOT cracked. This was the section I destroyed by my excessive hammering on the oil cooler - Great! Things are looking good again for this project so all we need to do is strip the engine down completely, and do a full overhaul before reassembling with this new crankcase lower section.


No comments:

Post a Comment