Saturday 26 March 2016

Day 11 - Transmission Countershaft


So now it's time to have a proper look at the transmission. This time I do this indoors in the comfort of a nice warm room and an old towel laid down on a table. At least this gives me some space to lay down all the parts in the order I remove them.


At this point I'm very much following the service manual ensuring each part is where it should be, and I'm going to put this back the correct way afterwards. Transmission countershaft looks to be in good shape.


The only thing I struggled with a bit was the snap rings, as they are pretty tight little circlips that need to be pried over the shaft. Maybe it was because the circlip pliers I was using weren't really up to the task but got them all off in the end.


Transmission countershaft dismantled below. In order to measure each of the inner and outer diameters of each othe gears and their relevant bushes, I decide to label each gear and count the teeth.


After doing some measuring of the inner diameters of the the gears, and both the inner and outer diameters of the bushings - they all fell within the service limit and none needed replacing. So time to put things back together.


All back together, next is to have a look a the main shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment