Tuesday 17 May 2016

Day 31 - Rectifier and HID


So whilst replacing the rectifier, I decide it's time to sort out some cosmetic things so I go ahead and remove the Ohlins shock thats in there and attempt to remove the spring so I can get rid of that rust and repaint it.


I also go ahead and remove the rear hugger. The carbon looked had faded so badly it looked rubbish. So I sand that down and respray it a nice clean matt black. The chain also needs replacing - there's a link that is totally seized and won't free up.


Due to the rectifier problems I had, I decide and replace the headlight bulb with an 8000k HID bulb. This gives the light output a bluish tint which I sort of like, but more importantly it doesn't take as much power from the bike and should therefore give the rectifier an easier time when charging the battery.



No comments:

Post a Comment