Sunday 1 May 2016

Day 27 - Carburettor and other components


So with the engine back in the frame the next set of tasks is to reinstall all the other engine components. The next thing to be reinstalled is the Oil cooler along with a nice new oil filter...


The carburettor is next to be reinstalled. I haven't yet performed a full service on the carburettor mainly because I know it was running before with the carbs as they are currently and I just want to see if the engine will run as is. I'm also reconnecting electrics as I go along, and routing them as I put things back in.


After the carburettor the air box is next to go back in, along with the air filter element. There is a K&N air filter element installed so it's probably worth giving that a clean at some point.


Other things have been done like getting the chain back on the engine sprocket, and sorting out more wiring. I've also installed a nice connector for the stator cables as previously this was selotaped together which is big no no...Almost ready to fire this thing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment