Tuesday 5 July 2016

Time for a nice new engine


So even though the end came for the last engine, I went to go and pick up this new engine, and before doing that I strip down the bike and remove the old engine in preparation for getting a new one installed. I was surprised I managed to strip the bike and remove the engine in a single evening. Only took a couple of hours!


Old engine removed. At a later time I will strip it down completely and get a good look at all the damaged parts.


Nice new engine is here! Looks to be a lot cleaner than my old one and also the engine casings are in fantastic condition. Can't wait to get this installed and start it up!


Just to make a quick note of the mileage when the engine was reinstalled. This engine has 8000 miles on it and thankfully the guy had all the service history from the bike it came from.



No comments:

Post a Comment