Tuesday 5 July 2016

Time for a colour change


This post should have been published before 'The End' post as I actually resprayed the bike before the engine went bang.

So I decide to get rid of the yellow colour. Whilst I like yellow, I'm not a huge fan of it generally on cars / bikes and I've always wanted an army green motorbike so let's go for it.

First things first I do a bit of fine sanding on the tank and then primer it up using some rust resistance primer.


The rear cowling comes off, and I hang it from the garage door and do the same. The spray paint I'm using is just the standard stuff that comes from Halfords. Let's see how long this lasts...


Now for the front mudguard. I always find if I don't put enough coats, when the paint is dry and I go to reinstall the part back on the bike and it rubs against something like the forks then the paint will scratch off easily.


Army green bike...





I then order some replacement black Honda logos from eBay and stick those on...


Looking good, now just a few more cosmetics to be sorted before I'm totally happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment