Tuesday 5 July 2016

Gold wheels

Now I'm back to doing cosmetics again. I did a photoshop mockup of the bike with gold wheels and I think army green goes really well with gold so I get more rattle cans from Halfords and start preparing my wheels for a colour change. This time the primer I use is an Etch Primer which apparently sticks much better to problem surfaces like aluminium.


The colour I've used is a Ford Olympic gold. It was the one that closely resembled what I wanted and so I've put a couple of coats of the normal metallic paint, waited 24 hours and then a few coats of laquer.


As I'm respraying the wheels I figured it's time to get new tyres too. I've gone for the Bridgestone BT023R tyres. However they are quite a tough tyre to get on - way tougher than the Michelin Pilot 3's - but got them on eventually...


The front is done. I decided that if I'm totally overhauling my wheels I might aswell replace all the wheel bearings all round too. So new wheel bearings, nicely coloured wheels and new tyres...


Just got to swap out my rear tyre for the one I painted now. A much better look with the gold wheels - although that's my opinion :P


I've also decided I'm going to coat the tank in petrol resistant laquer as I've noticed the matt finish stains really easily so it's time to add a protective coat to the tank too.



No comments:

Post a Comment