Thursday 7 April 2016

Day 18 - Cranking Test

So now I've finished putting together the lower half of the engine, the clutch, stator, and all the covers are back on, and the starter motor has been reinstalled so I decide to try and see if the starter motor can crank the engine over when given power from the battery - my concern is that when I try to turn the engine over myself by hand it feels very very tight and if I compare that to say my Ninja, it's almost effortless to turn that engine over so I kinda have an idea what it should be like. So here's the lower half in it's current state but I suspect it may have to be rebuilt again and main bearings replaced with new ones.




I've even made a video of me trying to crank the engine over by applying power to the starter...


No comments:

Post a Comment